More Information on Kristofer
Note to self: haircut
I am proficient in all sorts of acronyms including XML, XHTML, CSS, JS, and PHP. I also have experience working with more obscure, yet very useful, technologies such as AppleScript, Perl, and Python.
I follow OOP practices, and think that my exposure to great web frameworks like Django heightens my understanding of older, more established frameworks and languages.
I am competent in the use of relational databases and have written content management systems which tie into PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS-SQL, and SQLLite databases.
Kristofer’s Working History
Netflix, Senior Web UI Engineer
July 2010 - Current
- Generate clean semantic HTML5 based on extensive documentation.
- Develop mobile websites with support for modern devices.
Local Matters, Senior UI Engineer
February 2008 - July 2010
- Generate clean semantic XHTML/HTML5 based on extensive documentation.
- Fix sections of a custom interactive mapping engine and extend or augment it to support new functionality.
- Create reusable snippets of code for repetitive code chunks.
- Develop mobile websites with support for devices from Motorola RAZRs to iPhone/Android/WebOS.
Fuel Interactive, Graphic Designer
July 2007 - February 2008
- Design web sites for the tourism and housing industries.
- Generate clean semantic XHTML/HTML for corporate customers.
- Create additional revenue streams by diversifying web product lines.
- Refactor older systems to decrease downtime and improve response time.
Intellistrand, Graphic Designer
July 2006 - July 2007
- Responsible for implementing standards-based philosophies to product lines.
- Create new market opportunities through web application development.
- Converge data into new applications.
William Allen White School of Journalism, Technologist
December 2002 - April 2006
- Crafted Content Mananagement Systems for media outlets.
- Created AJAX-based front-end for media streaming and story navigation.
- Engineered a Digital Asset Management system for tracking and publishing student work.
- Tutored professors and students in the use of web and print media production programs.
- Developed methods to reduce downtime of University computers.